Breaking News

Friday, December 23, 2011

This is what I've been doing...

for fun.



I've been taking pictures of scenery and of the dog and two cats.  Most of the time, I use part of the photos I take in creating textures which are like backgrounds that I used to create for e-stats.




This texture is part of a set or fatpack that I made.  Each fatpack has a name that I give it.  Each texture within a fatpack also has a number related to when I took the photograph and some other information.  This texture used to be part of a photo.
I work on things like this almost every day.  Creating textures from my photographs makes me happy.  What I do is that I select part of a photograph in my collection of photos that I've taken and cut it.  Then I modify it, either stretching it to fill a 512 x 512 space or possibly adding an alpha texture if I want some transparency.  Once I get it looking the way I want it to, then I continue to play with settings until I get some different colors and effects that I like.

[As usual, all rights reserved on these two samples of my work.  Please play nice and don't claim them as  yours.  Originals are stored safely on my hard drive and a few other places.  And of course no hot-linking.
 Blah blah blah].

I have a ton of photos that I've taken with my simple point-and-shoot digital camera over the past six years or so.  And even more textures that I've created from pieces of my photos.

So now you know a bit of what I've been doing.

A few pics have been posted on my blogspot blogs and more will be posted there soon.

Love yas, mean it,
Spike aka SAP or sapphoq
Post a Comment