Breaking News

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Blogging Tip of the Day: Vol. 48


Today's Tip: Be kind when you share other people's blogs online. Well first of all just be kind and share other people's blogs online, but when you do, make sure that you are giving YOUR readers a reason to go to THEIR blog. Make sure you give some sort of a recommendation, or do what I do, and basically give YOUR comment on the blog as a sort of foreword to the blog you are sharing. People don't like to just click random links that people post, and they rather would have a reason to click the links. The Blogger format is great for this because if you integrate it with Google+ then when you make a comment on a lot of the blogs out there it will automatically share it to stream with your comment as the header. Easy peasy, fresh and squeezy.

The reality of the matter is, that when I promote another person's post I am putting a bit of my brand on the line. If I can't get them some feedback, then I feel like I might have failed, so being a gracious host of the space on my feed, timeline, stream or whatever it happens to be called on the social platform you are sharing on, I feel the need to make a good introduction. I find a lot of the time the great introduction will spur a lot of conversation, and it is a win - win for everyone involved. Most notably it makes you a member of a community and not just a face on a scrawl.
Post a Comment