Breaking News

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Such is Life: A Blogaholics Extra


I have a different set of formulations than a lot of the “professional types” when it comes to managing my online presence, and I have butted heads with a lot of them along the way. Sometimes they really do get on my nerves though when I find myself “accidentally” getting used by them. I mean we all walk that fine line in the online world of being useful and being used, and where you hang out has a lot to do with it. For the most part I am no different than anyone else, when it comes to avoiding the places that I get nothing out of, but have formulated my “shtick” if you will on being helpful, or useful, but everyone online is going to be used, sooner or later. Don’t be one of those people because you will run out of people to use sooner or later. Such is life.

This is where my ego comes in, because I have been at this so long and have tried to learn from everything. A lot of the tips, thoughts and hints that I throw out there are of course for hits and relevancy, but they are also to remind myself of what I learned before I forget it. Since I am out for hits, relevancy and of course a reminder, I might as well be helpful to those that are willing to learn along with me. It isn’t easy of course because quite a few of the people that have gotten on my nerves over the years never seem to go away. Most of this is because they have integrated themselves into your online world before you finally get them away from you, but then there are those special few that you swear just keep coming back around to be a pain in your ass. Such is life.

With all of that said, the best and only revenge (because life is NOT about revenge) is to just let them all do what they do. Don’t fool yourselves everyone suffers fate and karma. I was booted out of a community this morning that I posted to almost every day. It was a community I was invited to join by the owner, because let’s face it I am a good person to have around. I only figured it out when I went to post my Blogging Tip of the Day, and the community was no longer in my list that I had been unceremoniously removed. It was odd, but I went in and looked at the group, to see what was up, and there was “Thank you for inviting me” messages front and center from the most annoying of the SEO spam gang. Probably just a coincidence, but I did notice something else. There were all my posts with upwards of 20 or so +s on every one, and there was every other post with only the +1 that coincidentally I put on them. The place was full of the SEO and spam crowd, and it was my fault for not noticing this before now. Such is life.


Again I have said this a lot and I mean it, but don’t hang out where you are not welcome, and especially if it is where “The Cool Kids” hang out. One of the things I have learned in the places where the cool kids hang out (and yes it happens to me too because I am human) that it just makes you feel even worse about yourself when you don’t count. The cool kids might point out that it is because you don’t count or that you are a crybaby for pointing it out, but the fact of the matter is that everyone counts. There are also plenty of places where you are wanted and if you are wasting your time in the wrong places then you are just wasting time, that could be used in the right places. In my various mission statements that I have posted on my websites and blogs, the most important thing I can say is “We treat everyone with respect, not because it is EARNED but because that is how people should behave. Disrespect is something that is earned, and those that earn it rarely know they have.” Such is life.
Post a Comment