Breaking News

Friday, June 17, 2016

Blogging, for everybody.

I started blogging about 5 years ago. The exact date is lost in dusty memories, and faded dreams of glory. It would be easy to find. But, it doesn't really matter. I know it was almost 5 years ago because that is when I quit smoking. Smoking takes a lot of time. With all that free time there were two choices, drive everybody I know mad with my witty, sparkling personality, and probably be murdered by a friend or family member, or find an outlet. I chose the latter.

At first it was a random thing. Post something, close the internet, and hide in shame. A couple of days later I would look and see if anything bad had happened. Nope, still safe. Repeat the cycle.

Then one day, while writing a post I laughed at the undeniable humor, my own humor, right there on the page. I killed me! I was sure sooner or later, it was only a matter of time, somebody would come along and throw money at me, just to do something I was enjoying so much. Huge piles of money. Obscene money.

But, it never happened. And you know what, I am still blogging. And I am still having a gas doing it. And if you think that isn't funny here is something that isn't even funnier. I have been introduced to a whole new way of thinking. Not just about blogging, but life.

There are blogs about almost everything. And reading them is one of life's true pleasures. Peeking into the lives and thoughts of bloggers around the world is revolutionary. People are people everywhere! Who knew?

Bloggers everywhere, talking about their lives. Talking about the things they find important. Or (like me) just writing stuff to stay out of trouble. Together we are much greater than the sum of our parts.

So, don't dismiss the blogger, they have the power to change the world, In fact, you should join in. Start a blog. You won't get rich (if you do tell me how you did it, please) but you will get smarter, and that is cool.

Thank you, for reading.
Post a Comment