Breaking News

Friday, August 26, 2016

Blogging it ain't for everyone, Yes it is.

I read an article recently that talked about starting a blog. The premise was it was ok to be a little cautious, but don't be afraid. It brought powerful memories of the first timid steps into the world of blogging. Post, shut down the internet and not look for a couple of days. Honestly, I was terrified. Nobody even noticed though. All that sweat and fear for nothing. Blogging is a "victimless crime."

Sometimes you will get lucky and somebody will notice, and sometimes you will get very lucky and somebody will react. Maybe a share, maybe a thumbs up, possibly even a comment. Most times it is only for the thrill of writing something that can be seen around the world, though.

In the article it suggested starting with your Linked In page. It is free and requires no formatting, plus it has a built in audience. I have a Linked In page, but hardly ever visit it. I may try to write something and post it there, if I can find the right tab.

But, the main point is, if you have something to say, this is your chance, your soapbox, your pedestal, your mountain top. Stand tall, stand proud, and say what you have to say. Maybe somebody will listen, maybe not. For me, though, it is too much fun to stop.

You will "meet" some amazing people and you will learn a little something occasionally. There is no good reason not to start a blog, and so many good reasons to start a blog that I lost count. So, I will see you around, right.


Post a Comment