Breaking News

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Blogging, a Chance To Start Again

Blogging has changed the way I look at the world. It has made me approach things as potential fodder for a blog post. It has made the world a happier place, it has made everything seem a little goofy, that is the whole approach of my blog. It has made me a happier person.

Before blogging everything seemed to be conspiring against me, everything was dark and dangerous. Any meeting at work was an ambush, any meeting I was not invited to was a plot. Of course, it did not take long for the company to quit inviting me to meetings, which was a seditious act of prejudicial elitism. But, now I realize how lucky I am not to set through an awful round of performance art.

Now, even the worst things are approached more clinically, more analytically. When an article about the release of methane once trapped under permafrost still troubles me, but I want to tell others about this. In a futile attempt to force concern on an apathetic population.

My drive to work is filled with the opportunity to view mankind at its aggressive, monstrous, human
best. Weaving in and out of traffic, cutting perilously close to the front of other cars. Dodging, darting, risking death just to shave a few seconds off their drive to work. This madness used to drive me crazy. Now they are all just actors in the play of life. And I am still working them into a story, or post or novel.

Life is a great place, there are countless chances to enjoy the show. But, you have to look at it as a series of separate events. A sequence of opportunities to view the absurd drama that is life. Blogging has helped me reach that point.

Give it a shot. You will find your voice, you will find yourself, and the world will find you. And everybody will be happier. Isn't that enough?


Post a Comment