Breaking News

Sunday, October 30, 2016

So You Want to be a Blog n Roll Star


I am actually doing what I talk about here as I force a blog out. Yes, many people will tell you that forcing a blog out is the absolute worst thing you can do. Come to think of it I may have done that at one time or another, but I am willing to admit when I am wrong. This blog is being written for no other reason than "Blogaholics Anonymous" was at the bottom of my list, which means it has gone the longest without something being written in it. This means, of course that it is time for someone (me) to write something just to get it at the top of the list, and then when I see another one of the Whacko Blogs at the bottom of the list it is time for The Whacko behind the big curtain to work his linguistic magic on that one.

Look folks, you want to be a blogger then the fist thing you need to do is have an interest of some sort. If writing is the interest, then that is ok, but with the interest of writing you better be damn good at writing about anything on a moments notice. We aren't exactly editorial writers here in the blogosphere but to gain any level of popularity, you better start thinking like one. This of course means that you have to write, even when you don't feel like it or have anything that you think is worthy of sharing. If I have proven anything over the years, it is that almost anything is worthy of sharing and there is someone that will read it. Sometimes a lot of somebodies, and believe it or not, some of those somebodies will actually like it and might even be waiting for more of it. Not giving them more of it is a let down, and they will often give up on you.

Again the editorial writer has a deadline every week, and if they don't write, they lose their job. We may not actually lose a job over these things because we basically own the blogs that we write for, in theory, but it is basically the same thing. Now of course with the conglomeration of "Whacko Bloggers" that I have built, it spares me from always having to write in blogs that I haven't a thing to write about. Take the Tech Whacko or the Entertainment Whacko for example. I mean when I have something to throw in one of those I do, but there are other writers who usually have things to post in those, and thus they end up at the top of the list without me. Often Blogaholics Anonymous goes on without me, but of course sometimes it doesn't. Enter the obligatory post that I am throwing out there now.

If you don't feel like you have time to post weekly, then that is ok too. Let me get that right out there, it's ok to blog once a year if you would like to, just expect the results of someone that posts once a year. Two readers most likely family members that you nagger to read your stuff. You may find this hard to believe but there are plenty of people out there that are happy with that result. There are people who would expect better results and be angry about it. There are people like me who call blogging a "hobby" and could give a crap if anyone reads anything I write, but that doesn't mean that I have to act like that either. No I have said before that I blog because I blog, and with that comes a certain "know it all" status about blogging. With that also comes a certain level of "knowing exactly how NOT to do it" which is unacceptable even in something that is just a hobby.
Post a Comment